Extend Veldt

Happy life - bright, warm and cozy,
The cold streets are sometimes too noisy.
These dark sheets are tingling my feet,
And then I go on a date with a screen.


With the machines, the inanimate and absurd,
I hear the vents spin, react to my password.
I enter your name, then blush with shame,
How did they get us to play this weird game?


Scattered around the room, cords are ignored -
Pump information into the human horde.
It's no longer alchemy when you are not high,
Facilitate knowledge of our own kind.

Look what they made, it's a new take,
Developed an image which may just be fake.
An image of nature, with all of it's danger.
An image of space, in most of its grace.


They made it for me - it's why I'm not free.
They say it's better to just plant a tree.
Instead I develop a shiny new ring,
For now it results in another fake thing.


Happy technology,
It does something to my psychology.
I'm sad when it goes;
Unsure if the messages froze.


Outside, the lions run,
The scary that we now consider fun.
Open your eyes in front of their jaws -
They'll kill you if you can't see their thoughts.


Feeding on remains, they don't even feel the taste,
Of someone who searched for your face.
They probably won't turn on you,
Because this new world was made for you.


We'll never leave, look at us now -
Entitled to comfort and each others personal show.
This temporary disruption of distance on which we overdose,
How is it enough to keep us so close?


So in love with the way we are,
Yet seeking so hard what others have,
Ignoring what the singers of our past told,
And pretending that this screen gives us something to hold.


Here, the world that the children made,
There is everything, including happiness and hate.
Now where is the father, who made us search harder.
And where is the mother, who made us look some place better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

just a pen pitch

Flowers on Chains

Untitled